Saturday

Day Ten - Culinary delights

Last day down at the river, with Mark and John, taking a final few Abney levels. 


Woody collecting fresh water from the river
Berry picking on the way back rendered three tin-fulls and, when everyone else had gone off either strolling or abseiling, John made fruit mush and dinner and I cleaned the mess tent. John was a little generous on the potato water, but corned beef, corn, tomatoes and baked beans with runny potato make a very nice soup. The boiled down berries and banana custard made a lovely (I thought) pud. 

The martyr that I am, I did all the washing up and carried more water, after which Ian decided that I had reached my century in brownie points! Ray came around later in the evening to eat Greg’s yummy salami and tell us how he had been thrown out of the Cubs. We had quite an enjoyable time, then Ray went back to Base (hopefully to post my postcards which had finally been written), and we toddled bed-wards. 

A walk with Roger was offered at 09.00am for them what wanted the next day, but I decided against it. Mondays are for resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment